July 23, 2007

NoMeansNo!

Where in the hell was Youtube when I was 16-20? Spent a long time the other night typing in long-loved hardcore bands. I would have loved this back then.



NoMeansNo is the only band I still listen to from then. John Wright, the drummer, is Godlike. I had no idea he was singing while playing that stuff. So he’s hyper Godlike. So’s his brother, Rob, the bassist. I love how they look like your friend’s dad. They always did. Singing “Sex Mad!” Or looking like Bill Gates. Take that Gang of Four:



Favorite song, Dark Ages:



The Fall:



Nice to see so many comments saying how much they love this band. I listened to them ALONE. Saw them once, 1990 in Portland, OR. Tried to see them in L.A. when I was 17. Turned away because it was 18 and over. Sent them an indignant little hate mail letter.

Man, I love this band.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also loves Nomeansno!
I saw them twice in Holland about 14 years ago in Paradiso Amsterdam and in The Trojan Horse in Den Haag.
The albums "Sex Mad/You Kill Me" and "Wrong" are my favorits.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting these! I hadn't heard of Nomeansno until recently (suggested listening at Emusic for Jawbox). Irreverent is the word that comes to mind. Plus, they rock!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / An SEO Wordsmith Production

Back to TOP