August 21, 2006

(sic)

I am sick. Spent the weekend with a 102 fever. My wife wondered when the ball was going to drop on all the good stuff that’s been happening. Maybe this was it. Except I sorta enjoy being sick, if it’s every once in a while. An excuse to sloth. Watched movies—Aeon Flux, bleh, saw The Island a couple of weeks ago and I actually liked it, a better clone movie, even though I think Michael Bey is satan. It has one of the funniest moments in movie history. They’re clinging to a huge R on the side of a skyscraper, part of a logo. The R becomes dislodged and they fall to the ground, clinging to the big R, screaming something that sounds like “RRRRRRRRRR!” Man, that’s good. It’s got some good sci-fi stuff in it. Also saw Marathon Man, All the President’s Men, and Outland. Seen them all before, but never with a 102 fever.

Recently, from the library, I got:

The Last War, H.G. Wells,
A History of Secret Societies, Arkon Daraul
New World Order, H.G. Wells
Prophecies of the New Millennium, James Manning
An Autobiography, Rudolph Steiner
The Complete Guide to Mysterious Beings, John Keel

The last three books I read are:

Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge, by Steven Greer

Extraordinary Times, Extraordinary Beings, by Wayne Peterson

Saucers of the Illuminati, by Jim Keith

Should show where my head’s at. One of these days I’ll write down all of the fringe books I’ve read in the past several years. I’m in the thick of it again. I dropped my interest in this stuff for a long while. Always interested, but never obsessed again. Glad to be back.

1 comments:

John Lee Brook said...

Henry,

Sorry to hear you've been sick, but it sounds like you're handling it well: getting high on elevated body temp and movies. A very commendable methodology, I believe. I'll have to remember it and try it the next time I'm laid up with a fever. Glad you're back to the old obsessed self. There's nothing quite as interesting as an obsessed Person(ality). They're better than Ezra...oh wait, that's a band named after an O.T. Minor Prophet. They're better than...well, I'm not sure...but they're fun. Get well. Stay well.
Oh yeah, thanks for the attitude massage the other day...it makes a difference.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / An SEO Wordsmith Production

Back to TOP