January 18, 2005

Mystic

Here are some links with which to fake being mystical:

Ask: I Ching Connection
Psychedelic Paint Program: Rainbox
Fractal Generator: XAOS

Actually that’s being too cynical. The fractal generator is mind blowing. The paint program is also like being on drugs without being on drugs. And I admit that I’ve gotten comfort from the I Ching program, especially when it tells me that there will be progress and success (if I cross the Great Stream.) They’re Macintosh programs but you can find the equivalent on these sites.

Also Tarot.com has good free tarot readings, if you believe in that sort of thing, which I do, if it’s not abused. Making a website out of the Tarot seems like a form of abuse, but the readings are well done. I am not overly credulous about these things--I just don’t believe anything is arbitrary. Like most people, I grab onto what’s accurate and discard what’s inaccurate, or stretch an insight so it pertains to my life. You have to take it seriously for it to work, and probably shouldn’t do it over and over again. I like the Tarot and I Ching because it’s more personal than astrology, especially newspaper astrology, which is not to say I don’t check my horoscope. I go to Tarot.com when I’m feeling shitty and I need some small hope, even if it’s a false hope. Usually I keep these things private, but as most of my thoughts are made public on this site, I thought I’d dive in again--it’s validating to feel like it’s not a seedy, little secret.

By the way, I’m a Cancer--which seems appropriate, a disease with the sign of a crab.

3 comments:

tequilita said...

in the words of the immortal hbomb himself ;) ...watersigns rule incredibly!

Henry Baum said...

I just looked this up about you: "Librans too are among the most civilized of the twelve zodiacal characters and are often good looking. They have elegance, charm and good taste, are naturally kind, very gentle, and lovers of beauty, harmony (both in music and social living) and the pleasures that these bring."

Now I know.

S. said...

i too am a cancer, i also wish people cancer and i will probably get cancer. life is full circle like that.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template 'Morning Drink' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 / An SEO Wordsmith Production

Back to TOP